Would you like to come up and see my etchings?
Thanks Sam and Olooriel!

Dracken, I do need to try to force myself to do still lifes. They were always my least favorite part of art class. I've just never been able to get excited about drawing fruit on a table. I know if I really put forth the effort to give it a chance I could learn to appreciate it for the sake of learning. And thanks for the honest opinion. I was just working my way up to the difficult ink drawings with those more simple ones. I do think drawing them helped improve my visual library some plus they were fun. I really just wanted to study how he drew a woman on a horse with very few lines. I believe in the old saying of "less is more".

Ugh i've been in a rut lately. I felt really good about practicing line work but then I shifted directions to studying Scott Robertson's book and lost my steam. I dont think it was because the book is boring. I actually started getting excited about mirroring arches and 2 curve combos! Its mostly just all the aimless shifting back and forth of my study goals from week to week. When I was doing gestures for 2 solid months I woke up everyday with a singular objective. Now I'm sort of all over the place. It seems like for me its easier to have a single focus for months on end rather than trying to do everything week to week.

I've been avoiding drawing from imagination and I feel really bad about how terrible I am at it. I shall focus solely on imagination drawing for the next few months or however long it takes before I have a decent visual library to draw upon. I want to be filling sketch books up with cool shit so time to get on that. Heres some sketches from the last few days. Trying to work out the blood sport swamp elder design.

Attached Files Image(s)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Would you like to come up and see my etchings? - by Adam Lina - 02-21-2014, 05:04 PM
RE: Would you like to come up and see my etchings? - by Sean McCLain - 10-18-2014, 03:33 AM