Would you like to come up and see my etchings?
Oh, now that's a good idea.. quick head gesture drawings.. why didn't I think of that yet? D:

Funny that you mention the excitement of mirroring arches. I've done exactly the same over the last days and even if it turns out horrible, it is kind of fun ;) The right amount of "challenging yet doable" I think. I agree that it is helpful to stick to some kind of battle plan, or schedule, or whatever works best - focusing on one or two areas at a time, with a fixed plan or goal in mind (i.e. work through a book or do a pre-set amount of studies of whatever). That way you have a sense of progress, and can really focus on the topic. And after a while (few weeks or whatever works), changing to a new subject can help avoid getting bored and lets the information settle in.

I feel you about the avoiding imagination work ... it can be really frustrating. But keep in mind that you don't fill your visual library by drawing from imagination, but from looking and drawing from reference and trying to collect as much (visual and functional) information as possible. Only then you can come up with your own designs, developed through your own interpretation of the information you collected.

SketchbookDeviantartArtblog | Portfolio
Every feedback is appreciated!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Would you like to come up and see my etchings? - by Lyraina - 02-25-2014, 05:56 AM
RE: Would you like to come up and see my etchings? - by Sean McCLain - 10-18-2014, 03:33 AM