Would you like to come up and see my etchings?
these are brilliant! so much breaking down and understanding and those ink works are stunning. you certainly know how to use a pen.
two things i've noticed-- either the photos/scans are poor or your pencils are too blunt D: if the former, eh-- they aren't for us, they're for you! but if it is the pencils being blunt, i would recommend sharpening them (all the time) and looking at how you are using your pencil lines specifically (perhaps in a similar mindset to how you use your pen...?? it could just be the contrast in the scans/photos, but they seem so light!).
secondly! most of these studies are from two dimensional forms-- which is an okay thing, but i think you could benefit from drawing some still lifes. i've seen your self portraits and you seem uncomfortable about drawing from life D: this is unfortunate, because as you're doing heaps of studies here with the human face! perfect opportunity to do some daily self portraits as a part of the mix!

great work and brilliant source of motivation-- keep it up and keep it going

Messages In This Thread
RE: Would you like to come up and see my etchings? - by hapaldo - 03-09-2014, 05:05 PM
RE: Would you like to come up and see my etchings? - by Sean McCLain - 10-18-2014, 03:33 AM