Would you like to come up and see my etchings?
Great progress on that bust sculpture, altough it really looks a bit creepy with the eyeballs! It's really interesting to see your studies made from them!

About the white gel pens (not sure if you already ordered some): Yes I tried them before (: For some time I actually only used those because I was too lazy to use ink or other white paint. They are really great for details and little highlights; however I kind of noticed that they really vary in quality. I had some which needed 2-3 layers to be at least a little opaque. At the moment I'm using a Pilot "Choose" and I'm fairly satisfied with it, before I used a Sakura Pen which was also pretty okay (It was the simple Gelly Roll from the overview I linked last time, because the soufflé and glaze have some extra effects). I guess it really depends on what you'd like to do. The Posca Pens for example are available with different nibs. I got some with the brush nib, which I personally prefer because I have the best most variety for my lines and can even paint bigger areas. (I'm sorry for this text wall...it seems I can hardly stop when I'm rambling about pens and stuff orz)

SKY IS THE LIMIT

DeviantartSketchbook

Messages In This Thread
RE: Would you like to come up and see my etchings? - by Cyprinus - 05-29-2014, 07:30 PM
RE: Would you like to come up and see my etchings? - by Sean McCLain - 10-18-2014, 03:33 AM