Would you like to come up and see my etchings?
Suira: Thanks for the feedback! I've been trying to loosen up my lines recently. I dont think I have a problem not using a light touch. Its mostly from drawing with my wrist and fingers too much. I try to draw from the elbow and shoulder but I revert back to the wrist when Im not thinking about it. Plus I was drawing in some small sketchbooks which makes it hard to use anything other than my wrist. Added by the fact that I use my wrist and hands a lot at my job. I'd seen that posemanicas model before but didnt think to use it for sculpting though.

I started studying a couple books the past couple weeks. Force by Michael Mattesi and Anatomy for the Artist by Sarah Simblet. Simblet's book is loaded with great info that I think I'll be slowly absorbing a page at a time for quite awhile. Force is a lot less informational and so far is covering things I already kinda know. Though it is forcing me to think more gesturally which is a weak spot for me. I did a value/drapery study in marker which kinda turned out bad. I made the boob too big which could be a good or bad thing depending on how you look at it. I want to get back to digital studies but its almost impossible for me to draw from the elbow and shoulder on a tablet.

Attached Files Image(s)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Would you like to come up and see my etchings? - by Adam Lina - 07-24-2014, 03:28 AM
RE: Would you like to come up and see my etchings? - by Sean McCLain - 10-18-2014, 03:33 AM