Would you like to come up and see my etchings?
Killing it with cranking out the studies! :D The guy with the stache rules! B\
It looks like you're using an 8.5-9'' x 11'' sketchpad; Something that really helped me the drawing from the shoulder was drawing on canvas or a giant fucking pad with charcoal. I dunno if you've got figure sessions where you're at, but I'd recommend hitting those up with an uber-pad. Proko also holds his pencil in a atypical way that gets you used to thinking more and drawing from the shoulder (if you're interested)
Also, from a prior post you mentioned starting with the head and growing out. I REALLY feel you on this one. Not that I still don't draw that way a lot of the time, but one way to work past it is doing the composition exercise where you draw a bunch of little thumbs for scenes. (like listen to some good music and imagine a scene or fight or something like when you were a kid and thumbs-it-out. ) I can't watch a movie anymore without wanting to screen-cap every five seconds for later comp studies. ;|
Keep that pencil dancing! X)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Would you like to come up and see my etchings? - by Heliux - 07-24-2014, 11:24 AM
RE: Would you like to come up and see my etchings? - by Sean McCLain - 10-18-2014, 03:33 AM