Would you like to come up and see my etchings?
AngeliquevdMee: Thanks! Yea it helps a lot and I also watch AnatomyZone videos after taking notes. The videos go into more detail than is necessary but it often brings nice tidbits the write down and help in memorizing things.

Hobitt: Thanks, glad you like them and I will!

Heliux: Thanks! I've been doing my anatomy studies in a 9x12 but most of the figures have been on an 18x24 news print pad. I just got an easel and started trying out Prokos technique. I even sharpened my charcoal down the way he does with an inch or more of the charcoal exposed so to use the side of the charcoal for shading. It took a little getting use to standing while drawing but its enabled me to draw much more from the shoulder. As an added bonus standing has kept my energy up and made me more focused I think. I do know of a life drawing group in my area but unfortunately my work schedule wont allow me to join it. I do need to start focusing more on composition though as much as I avoid it. I feel I do have a solid basic understanding of composition from doing graphic design and dabbling in photography but theres always more to learn.

JyonnyNovice: Thanks man! Will do :)

Jaik: Thanks! I wanted to have it all in one sketch book but I started it too near the end of my pages XD

Heres another big sketch dump. I have some more anatomy studies but forgot to take pictures of them. Some of these are out of focus but Im too lazy to retake them and they're nothing special anyways. And a picture of my new french easel I got from Jerry's Artorama for 73 USD including shipping. Its pretty awesome and I plan on getting outside for some plein airing eventually. The whole thing collapses down into a easy to carry box and is surprisingly light weight. I highly recommend getting one if you can find it for relatively cheap. Some places charge like over 200 USD for one which is crazy.

Attached Files Image(s)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Would you like to come up and see my etchings? - by Adam Lina - 08-04-2014, 03:06 AM
RE: Would you like to come up and see my etchings? - by Sean McCLain - 10-18-2014, 03:33 AM