Would you like to come up and see my etchings?
Wow thanks everyone for the nice comments! Patrick, I took your advice and broke out my sculpey clay. I already had a head bust I was working on a while back but I remolded it into a simple asaro head and found quite a few mistakes I had made earlier that I was unaware of before. So my understanding of the basic forms of the head has definitely improved, which is nice to see. I didnt get a chance to take a picture of it though.

I get what you and bookend are saying about shifting my mindset. I've heard the advice about drawing like a painter before and have been trying to practice it for some time now. I find it has helped shift me to a more painterly way of thinking as before I was all line art. Also I've been following the Watts online school's curriculum which is designed to ease people into painting through drawing with charcoal in a particular way. I definitely have a lot more mindset shifting to do but I've managed to get my feet wet and hopefully I'll get my momentum going in that area in the coming year.

Jamsession and echo Thank you as well :) Madzia, I'll have to try out a moleskin. I've been kinda turning into a sketchbook hoarder lately. I see a new kind of paper and I MUST DRAW ON IT! Thats good to hear you practiced on traditional as well. I hope I can get even half as good as you some day :)

Huge update today. Some of these sketches should have been in the last update but I neglected to photograph them. I've been using a clip board and scrap paper to do these crappy practice/ warm up drawings because I dont want to fill my sketch books with circles and 30 second gestures. I found before I was drawing less because theres this pressure to only do good drawings in a sketchbook once I've got a couple nice drawings I like in it. With the clip board theres no pressure to create a book of good drawings and Im free to screw up all I like.

Attached Files Image(s)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Would you like to come up and see my etchings? - by Sean McCLain - 10-18-2014, 03:33 AM
RE: Would you like to come up and see my etchings? - by Adam Lina - 12-19-2014, 02:13 AM