Would you like to come up and see my etchings?
Thanks for the reassurance Aether. Yea, longer drawings always seem to run into the problem of losing energy. All I can do is keep practicing long and short drawings together, I guess.

So I got a skull replica and a new tablet monitor. Yiynova MSP19U, its really awesome so far. Its just like a cintiq as far as I can tell but like 1500 USD cheaper. All the complaints about it I've heard the exact same about cintiqs. The space between your pen point and where the cursor shows up(paralax?), the colors not being calibratible (thats a word now) to some peoples liking are the same with cintiqs. Though cintiqs have a "paper texture" which I see as only a down side since it doesnt add that much to the experience and just wears down the nibs like crazy.

The yiynova is a smooth surface and the nibs from the reviews I've read never wear down. I try not to fall into the trap of thinking because a product costs more than the competition it must be better quality. Its probably due to the fact that wacom hasnt had much competition for so long they can afford to jack their prices up without ever improving their products. I think its high time they start feeling some pressure to improve because their products are far from perfect to be charging what they do. Dont give into branding, guys!

Attached Files Image(s)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Would you like to come up and see my etchings? - by Sean McCLain - 10-18-2014, 03:33 AM
RE: Would you like to come up and see my etchings? - by Adam Lina - 01-02-2015, 03:27 AM