Would you like to come up and see my etchings?
Thanks Jynonny!

I've given acrylics a go but I find them a little frustrating due to how fast they dry. Im slow at painting so my palette will keep drying on me. I spent probably over 40 hours on an acrylic self portrait and afterwards I got seriously burnt out from painting. I like gouache better because even though it dries fast I can add water to the dry paint and it becomes usable again. I like doing small quicker paintings for now because I dont have a lot of free time. The life drawing group I go to has a painting night once a month where they do one 2 and a half hour pose so theres that.

Yes, on normal days they have 10 one minute poses and four 5 minute poses before going into two 20 minute and one 40 minute pose. I even like to do the 30 second poses on pixellovely to warm up. It gets my hand moving without over thinking it. I find once I let go of my attachment to the outcome of the gesture they start to flow out more naturally and end up looking much better.

heres more crumby sketches from imagination. Im losing momentum...

Attached Files Image(s)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Would you like to come up and see my etchings? - by Sean McCLain - 10-18-2014, 03:33 AM
RE: Would you like to come up and see my etchings? - by Adam Lina - 02-24-2015, 01:37 AM