Would you like to come up and see my etchings?
Thanks pretty ladies. I have done mini gestures in the past a couple times, Lyraina. I need to get back to doing that more, thank you. And actually that gives me an idea to try and do large gestures in a series at the full 18x24inch news print size. I always practice gestures at a 4th or smaller size than the 40 minute drawings. So doing that might get my arm use to doing them better at that scale. I can go back later and render them so not to waste whole page. Ill be sure to use some mini gestures in there and watch my leg proportions as well thanks again.

Ursula, Even having not done them in so long Im sure you could teach me a thing or two about it :D
I know these make it seem like I've been busy but the last update was over 2 weeks ago. I was doing much more in a week time for the past year. So for me this is a significant drop in productivity. I feel guilty mainly because I've been mostly ignoring working on the things I know I need to work on the most. Figures have been dominating way too much of my time and energy. I just lack the inspiration at the moment to really get into practicing perspective and find a way to have fun with it. Not to mention I need to get to painting more as well. My problems with painting is that it drains me mentally so much because Im so not use to thinking about form, edges, value, proportion, perspective and anatomy all at once.

But I hear you about the just keep going part. Im happy to say that I've made solid progress with keeping my momentum in the forward direction. Last year I had a art block that started in April and went on through to June before I got back into the swing of things. This year I only had a dead zone throughout May. I've heard some advice I think from someone on One Fantastic Week that said the most important quality you need to be a working artist is the ability to continue producing consistent quality work no matter what problems spring up. Its something I've taken to heart and hope to build up in time.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Would you like to come up and see my etchings? - by Sean McCLain - 10-18-2014, 03:33 AM
RE: Would you like to come up and see my etchings? - by Adam Lina - 06-22-2015, 02:41 AM