Would you like to come up and see my etchings?
Hey Adam, great to see that you are still taking up the gouache paints! Makes me want to take mine out more often! The portrait you did with them is really lovely, you can really feel the volume and you put a lot of attention to the details. That jaw bone looks great, too! However - and this is just a feeling because I don't really know the exact lighting situation etc. - I feel that there could be a bit more darker values in her face as well. The upper eye lid for example, nose trills or the ear. That's just from my experience from life drawing though, and we have a a really strange light set-up, haha.
(Right now my attention kind of always goes to the hair and the earring, because they have darker values.)
Figure studies looking good as well, also those from imagination! I just noticed that some of your figures don't have feet, it might be better to draw the complete figure as the feet are a continuation of the gesture (if you have the space, that is...I still end up with figures with cut off feet because my paper ends XD)

Keep up the good work! I'd like to see more gouache!!

SKY IS THE LIMIT

DeviantartSketchbook

Messages In This Thread
RE: Would you like to come up and see my etchings? - by Sean McCLain - 10-18-2014, 03:33 AM
RE: Would you like to come up and see my etchings? - by Cyprinus - 09-20-2015, 07:21 PM