Would you like to come up and see my etchings?
Cyprinus, Thanks bro! She had a lot of reflected light bouncing up at her so thats why the shadow side is so light. The life drawing group I go to usually has pretty good direct lighting set ups. I was meaning to work the smaller dark areas but I ran out of time. The whole ear area kind turned into a mess. Thanks for the feed back. Next painting night I go to I'll try and focus on the values around the eyes nose and ears more.

Book, Thanks! I will do that and same to you :)

Triggerpigking, Thanks. I've been realizing something these last couple weeks as I did more drawing from my head. All this time I was feeling guilty because I only did copies 90% of the time. After the first few days of drawing from my head consecutively I saw it becoming easier with better results at a faster rate than Im use to. So even though I wasint drawing from my head much at all I was still training the ability passively to a larger degree than I thought. It just takes the stubbornness to power through the days or weeks it might take you to reactivate the neural pathways needed to draw from your head. Its a slow grinding progression over days weeks and months but you build momentum so stick in there!

Attached Files Image(s)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Would you like to come up and see my etchings? - by Sean McCLain - 10-18-2014, 03:33 AM
RE: Would you like to come up and see my etchings? - by Adam Lina - 09-22-2015, 02:54 AM