JyonnyNovice - from Novice to Master!
Hey Johnny, thanks for dropping by my SB man! :) Looks like you are working hard here. Keep it up. But I have a question–why are you practicing drawing straight lines with a ruler? Seems like it would be easy to do that, though I haven't tried so I really don't know. LOL But you are aware that you can draw really really straight lines with no ruler as well? Feng Zhou explains it on his video about traditional materials. It's all about drawing from the shoulder and lots of practice. It's worth cultivating, it brings a great level of control to your lines!

Anyway, just curious, I haven't used straightedges as much because I'm still training my arm and staying more on the sketching side. I know people use rulers and ellipse templates to tighten things up, but I haven't played around with that yet.

"Drawing is a skill like hammering a nail. You might not be great at it yet, but there is nothing stopping you from gettin' down and hammering away." -Irshad Karim

Sketchbook!

Messages In This Thread
RE: JyonnyNovice - from Novice to Master! - by Mechanizoid - 04-26-2016, 10:01 PM