JyonnyNovice - from Novice to Master!
Just want to pipe up and throw another thought into the ring.

Seems like you just went through your first major reality skill mismatch. Man It can be one of the most crushing things about art, when you realise that you've been spinning wheels when you think you have been making gains. I would go so far as to say that the guys that make the most progress are the ones who are able to keep this in check better than others.

It's a pretty natural thing with art, because one thing they don't tell you is that as you improve, so does your perception of the world, but what that means is that before you get past a mental barrier, seeing the issues are incredibly difficult. What you can do to counteract this is to get outside views, and have a teacher, but to do it on your own you can also do it. You need to start doing studies and exersizes that have a testing mechanism built in, so that you can check and make sure that thing you are trying to learn is correct. This might be making sure to draw with properly constructed perspective lines, or to work from a photo, and make sure you are drawing it accurately, it could be any number of things. Trying a method like rielly method won't fix the issue, because it isn't addressing what really happened.

Now you've got to this point, you just learnt something about being human, and if you can move forward with this i mind, you can go and kick some ass.

Drawing out of perspective is like singing out of tune. I'll throw a shoe at you if you do it.
Sketch Book

Messages In This Thread
RE: JyonnyNovice - from Novice to Master! - by OtherMuzz - 06-02-2016, 01:14 PM