JyonnyNovice - from Novice to Master!
Oh dude. Don't worry about bombing on a story.. It happens to everyone! Even to the people who are writing comic books commercially.

For example: Brian Michael Bendis. 5 time Eisner Awardee. Great material on books like Spider-man, Daredevil and the like. But his current run on Guardians is just horrible! Horrible I tell you!

Flash back to the 90's, he wrote a book called "Angels of Destruction". The art, for the most part, looks like part fantasy (Angels! Demons!), and part sci-fi (there were ninjas, and armor, and armor ninjas!) but the writing... the characters talked like they're from a crime noir movie!

And of course.. He also got crap on high profile books. There's his Elektra: Scorpio Key (I didn't even finish reading it), and his Daredevil: Ninja run, which he advised everyone not to go look for it!

We all have bad stories thinking it's good. And vice versa. What works for this guy, won't work for the other guy. Like Peanuts! I love the great Charles M. Schulz. But he had bad, "I-don't-get-it" strips as well.

Alls I'm saying. Super stoked to see more work from you! Bomb until you finally put out a masterpiece! That's how every single thing 'works' anyway.

And if it's any consolation. Your one pager is better than Bendis' Elektra run! Oh I better run before I turn into a bitter fan boy!

If you are reading this, I most likely just gave you a crappy crit! What I'm basically trying to say is, don't give up!  
----
IG: @thatpuddinhead

Messages In This Thread
RE: JyonnyNovice - from Novice to Master! - by John - 07-15-2016, 02:35 PM