JyonnyNovice - from Novice to Master!
Artloader: Kimon Nicolaides book is a full drawing course you can follow entirely, it even tells you in the text 'put the book down now and go do these exercises'. You're probably a bit advanced for it, but it's got good exercises still! Grab a PDF version and skim through it : ) And I totally get you about the final werewolf location! The original version didn't have that extra pose, it ended with her kick connecting, but in the following panel the werewolf is already on the ground and it wasn't til much later I realised the sequence was weak since no one got to see her smashing him out of the way, so I added that little werewolf slammed down in the distance. I'm kind of stuck with it for now, without reworking a lot of stuff, so am gonna try my best to get that panel reading properly with ink, colour, action trails. We'll see if it works out! Good lesson learned about the difference between comics and other visual storytelling, a lot of forms, like hollywood, they put more attention on the 'before' and 'after' of a kick or punch. Storyboard artists also avoid boards that are 'mid action' and will choose moments before and after. But in comics the 'mid movement/during the action' is really exciting to see! The Battle Royale manga does it especially (excessively!) with lots of 'freeze frames' of people's heads being sliced apart and stuff. I'll remember to use those ideas for next time! Thanks for the feeedback!

Been doing some more studies on facial features:

Comic book creator
Sketchbook
Instagram
Abandoned Hideout Discord Server
Discord: JonR#4453

Messages In This Thread
RE: JyonnyNovice - from Novice to Master! - by JyonnyNovice - 10-19-2020, 11:34 PM