JyonnyNovice - from Novice to Master!
Zorrentos Thanks man, the day to day doesn't feel so productive sometimes but seeing it all in a thread makes you realise progress is happening.

Some recent bits and pieces:

Digital figure drawing session, I've been messing around in my sketchbook drawing characters with wrists and ankles thicker than their elbows and knees, so the limbs widen and hands/feet are really big. It's kind of fun so I tried it out on some life drawing models.

An exercise painting over a photo, no plan just trying to open up creativity by drawing faces on everything:

Some progress on my comic, inking stage is done, time for the part that I struggle with the most which is colouring. I tried to get some nice colours going on, but it looked ugly and muddy, so I just made it pretty monochrome in the end. It's not what I was going for but it starts to look ok.

It's supposed to be a sunset, by the end of the next page the moon is out and it needs to be night time, so I transitioned into a night time type colour at the end of the page. 

I wonder if her hair would still pick up shine in the shadow side... also I need to tighten up the shadow shapes on the characters and make them more purposeful.

Feedback is welcome!

Comic book creator
Sketchbook
Instagram
Abandoned Hideout Discord Server
Discord: JonR#4453

Messages In This Thread
RE: JyonnyNovice - from Novice to Master! - by JyonnyNovice - 10-28-2020, 01:17 AM