JyonnyNovice - from Novice to Master!
What i see as a problem is actually the leak of cast shadow that would add that dark vibe in my opinion also your scene should get much darker as it get away from the light source of course that if we talking about a night scene where the moon or the sun ain't adding an other light source to the scene.I think that if you want to test if it work you should first do the version initial in black and white and than work from there than actual filling in using value instead of just the line art.Skipping over directly to color isn't helping if your value aren't solve thoughtfully.

One thing i would also think would help you is for you to think about filling more dark because black help sell the idea it a night scene so you would leave your detail in the white.

I would also suggest you take alook at comic with similar story and mood.

I would personally suggest hellboy as a starting point or spawn i think they really capture the idea of the occult and night feel. 

Here an example from hell boy to help illustrate more what i mean if you want to study from comic i recommend you either go to your local liberary or maybe you can find website that let your read online for free.

I think as a comic artist your biggest problem is to plan so that your not over rendering but actually just saying what is necessary to give the right mood and communicate the action.For example if you look at the example provided there is little to no background because it all about the action at that point .It more about implying texture than over rendering.

Attached Files Image(s)

My Sketchbook
The journey of an artist truly begin when he can learn from everyone error.
Teamwork make your dream work.
Asking help is the key to growth.

Messages In This Thread
RE: JyonnyNovice - from Novice to Master! - by darktiste - 10-30-2020, 10:07 AM