JyonnyNovice - from Novice to Master!
Darktiste Thanks for the recommendation! I watched this guy some years ago but had forgotten about him, gonna go and study his techniques a bit!

Got some really good news yesterday, I pitched my Penny Pentagram comic to Macroverse (a new-ish subscription based comic reading app with some big names attached) and have been accepted onto their platform \^_^/ It means I will need to step up production and work on my speed since 6 pages every 2 months is not enough anymore, but is much better pay than the print comic I currently publish in (and I can continue to publish on both). The current werewolf story is already pencilled, but for the next one I am going to attempt to do it in a much more direct way. The art quality may suffer, but it may also improve since there can be more sketch-like energy to it. We'll see how it goes...

Here's an update on some recent stuff, I finished the final spread for this part of the story. I tried removing the ink lines altogether to leave this vector graphic type look to the characters. Not sure if I only like it cause it's a change from seeing the linework all the time. Let me know if you like the with or without the linework version! If I went no linework I'd have some missing details to add, but maybe it looks better... idk xD

Shape Version:

Ink Version:

Also have been commissioned to do the cover of the next issue. Not sure if the thumbnail is too small but it's a giant ghostly werewolf holding the characters in the palm of its hand. Haven't got the right pose for the characters yet.

A random WIP of a guy with a gun, going to try out some of Robert Marzulo's inking techniques on it:

And some progress on my random Zelda fanart cafe scene. Zelda already ate 5 ice creams and is ordering another one. Going to use this piece to practice using solid blacks in the background.

Comic book creator
Sketchbook
Instagram
Abandoned Hideout Discord Server
Discord: JonR#4453

Messages In This Thread
RE: JyonnyNovice - from Novice to Master! - by JyonnyNovice - 11-07-2020, 12:37 AM