JyonnyNovice - from Novice to Master!
Xel Thanks man, that was so useful, really kickstarted me back into this! Got so much from your paintover, can't thank you enough : )

Been doing plenty of studies and work on fundamentals, big weaknesses for me are environments, so trying to get a daily-ish habit of simplifying environments from photos

Some more work on the cover, made the more angry werewolf expression as Xelf suggested but then toned it down a little to try and make him more smug, but also dangerous. Pushed the character expressions and poses too. Then have been flailing around trying to colour it. I went too complex I think and toned it back down again in the last image on the sheet below. That's where it's at currently. I feel I can do better though and will keep studying pro's and trying to apply that stuff to my work. Deadline is not til the end of the month so I have time to push it some more.

Lastly, I really liked how the characters came out in the cover, and since I need to speed up with the comic pages I decided to redesign them with that more cartoony look, getting the underlying shapes as simple as possible so I can pose them quicker. I'm pretty happy with the man, still need to get a better design for the woman, some more straights against curves, better proportions and shapes overall, but I think it's getting there.

Comic book creator
Sketchbook
Instagram
Abandoned Hideout Discord Server
Discord: JonR#4453

Messages In This Thread
RE: JyonnyNovice - from Novice to Master! - by JyonnyNovice - 11-16-2020, 01:06 PM