JyonnyNovice - from Novice to Master!
Artloader I was really surprised when I made that thing greyscale and it sort of matched... was a really hard exercise, just squinting isn't enough, had to squint so hard I could barely see it and do a lot of test strokes of paint comparing just two colours to judge if it was going lighter or darker. Definitely worth doing I think!

Some more drawing studies/warmup stuff. I am challenging myself to not use any selection/move/transform tools for my drawing studies. I noticed I tend to draw stuff, almost knowing proportions are going to be off, then immediately select and scale/move/transform the arm/foot/head or whatever. This is fine for proper work, but I think it highlights a serious lack in my hand eye connection that I want to correct. So if I draw something wrong, I have to fade it back with a soft eraser and re-draw it. It's been frustrating but really useful, I already feel I am looking at the whole image more, holding back from adding details til the structure is solid and generally feeling more content with the results.

More Digital Painting Workout exercises:

Painting with a very limited value range (just 3% difference from lightest to darkest)

Same limited value range in a high key. I don't think these were so successful, I didn't really understand what he was doing til about halfway through the video on the first one, and for the second one didn't know if I was supposed to be matching the colours or using whatever I liked (excuses excuses!). I need to do this exercise again basically.

Painting cast shadows with hard edge, form shadows with soft edge

Starting with a red BG and painting only light (no under sketch, the result was intended to look distorted). Trying to be prepared I did the under sketch before pressing play and learning we weren't doing one today xD all good practice tho!

Comic book creator
Sketchbook
Instagram
Abandoned Hideout Discord Server
Discord: JonR#4453

Messages In This Thread
RE: JyonnyNovice - from Novice to Master! - by JyonnyNovice - 12-02-2020, 03:22 AM