JyonnyNovice - from Novice to Master!
Just in general, some of the pushing of features and soft/hard angles feels bit random and ends up with less aesthetic shape design and feel of structure.

I would suggest trying to do a mental check for balance, like if the poses are stable and able to hold themself up right credibly. also maybe you can try feeling out the pose and have an awareness of the tension vs relaxed state of different body parts.

as far as faces and in some of your studies, i think you could take more away from them by trying to catch a bit more of the referenced expression and thinking about the structure the light is revealing.
It appears to be a copy of light shapes and shadow shapes, that without the structure in mind, can be warped to the point the information take away is reduced and it becomes more of a automatic copying process.

you can also kill a bit of the this is digital painting look by varying up your stroke direction instead of painting this sort of ripple effect that lines every shadow and light shape.

hope this helps,
you're doing allot of great work, i know the comics stuff is really challenging but also a great way to get in allot of drawing mileage. just try to pick up as much information you can along the way so you get bang for your buck

[Image: dea28cu-99e799fb-8d61-427e-a064-83b55009...FCvwOJHaMU]

GUMROAD | ARTSTATIONINSTAGRAM | YOUTUBETWITCH | SKETCHBOOK
Discord tag: AndrewGibbons#3357

Messages In This Thread
RE: JyonnyNovice - from Novice to Master! - by xelfereht - 12-08-2020, 09:22 AM