JyonnyNovice - from Novice to Master!
Darktiste Thanks for stopping by! I guess my goal has always been stylisation, kind of feel ready to push into it more now.

Chubbycat Thanks for the comment! My animation goal is basically to get through all the fundamental stuff, get to animating characters so I can be better at drawing 'on model' and just better at posing and getting those 'acting' moments in my poses. I always wanted to be a 2D animator though, so maybe will end up getting into it harder, I think there's a lot of work opportunities for 2D animators now.

Artloader Thanks for the encouragement! And yeah! flow state man, it's a beautiful thing!

Zorrentos Thanks for stopping by! Gotta keep nurturing that tree!

Had kind of a stressful month or so! For various reasons ended up splitting with the writer of our Penny Pentagram comic. I still have this comic deal with Macroverse but no story or work to give them since we agreed he will keep writing Penny elsewhere. Been in a real strange headspace, many days with no drawing done, lost sight of goals, got overwhelmed by all the weaknesses and gaps in my knowledge I want to work on. 

Worked on that comic for nearly 12 months on and off, was kind of a 'grieving process' to let her go and come to terms with starting from the beginning again.

I put an ad on reddit looking for a writer, got overwhelmed by responses, like 50 messages. Read through about 30 script samples and story ideas. Some of them reallly awesome ideas. Narrowed it down to 5, and now 3. Soo hard to decide... so much responsibility... I'm not cut out for being in management I think >.<

Here's some random stuff I've done since the last update, pretty directionless, mostly just to do 'something' and not get rusty. From this week I am re-setting my goals, trying to narrow things down to practice what skills I actually need to do the specific comic job (rather than all the things I want to be able to do) and writing myself a new daily/weekly schedule/timetable thing to hopefully stay on track.

Comic book creator
Sketchbook
Instagram
Abandoned Hideout Discord Server
Discord: JonR#4453

Messages In This Thread
RE: JyonnyNovice - from Novice to Master! - by JyonnyNovice - 01-14-2021, 01:16 AM