JyonnyNovice - from Novice to Master!
Trying to master the bulkier Loomis mannikin, I feel like I'm making good progress - I have trouble with the torso area, figuring out how it curves in 3/4 views. Mine seem to look a bit flat in the torso.

I've done pages and pages of these but won't post them all since it's pretty dull to look at. Here are some of them:

[Image: LJnthbi.jpg]

[Image: 9gaonBt.jpg]

[Image: aVjtruG.jpg]

[Image: I4Sw8xN.jpg]

[Image: tqgokLM.jpg]

Experimenting a bit with water colour pencils - I didn't wet the pencils, just shaded as if they were colouring pencils then used this water brush thing to blend. The paper wasn't very good so it dried crinkled but it was pretty fun.

[Image: 5hCezVi.jpg]

Finally I tried another animal pencil sketch to work on my cross hatching and measuring - tried using the contour lines more. It's an ok drawing, I'm not really too excited about it though. My measuring was off a bit on the muzzle, it should be longer - makes it look like a baby panda but then it has the long body of an adult which makes it look weird. Next time I'll also try something that isn't covered in fur - it was quite a challenge, I wasn't too sure how to approach it.

[Image: wsjRj4S.jpg]

I want to set down my goals, long term and short term, so they aren't just floating around in my head - time to make some solid determinations!

Long term goals - these are my (current) dreams, subject to change at any time!

- Make a living with art
- Write & draw a comic book
- Paint portraits of the characters from 'The Wheel of Time' series

Short term goals - (and the order in which I plan to achieve them)

- Master the bulky Loomis mannikin
- Get to page 67 of 'Figure Drawing for all it's Worth' and become competent with the material so far
- Go back to Udemy anatomy course (finish learning all the muscles)
- Master 'Figure drawing' book up to page 87 (planes of the body & light and shadow)
- Do 'How to Render' course from ctr-paint (bought it a while back but haven't looked at it yet)
- Continue Udemy anatomy course (drawing dynamic poses)
- Begin studying 'How to draw the head and hands'
- Complete Udemy course (head / hands / feet)
-
-
- Finish 'head and hands' and 'figure drawing' books
- Take 'drawing sexy pin ups' course on Udemy (it came cheap with the other course and looks fun)
-
- Finish / redo 'How to Draw' by Scott Robertson (perspective related stuff)
-
- Learn more about colour and composition
- Become proficient with digital painting
-
- Paint the characters from 'The Wheel of Time' (I've studiously avoided seeing any fan art and even the book covers so I can create them as I see them)
-
-
- Win!

I'll post these on the 1st page of my sketchbook and edit / update them as things change. Wish me luck!!!! Insane, ecstatic

Comic book creator
Sketchbook
Instagram
Abandoned Hideout Discord Server
Discord: JonR#4453

Messages In This Thread
RE: JyonnyNovice - from Novice to Master! - by JyonnyNovice - 05-13-2014, 06:10 AM