JyonnyNovice - from Novice to Master!
Managed to get another long drawing session today, decided to start with just a blank piece of paper and a pen (trying to eliminate my scribbly / scratchy style) , no books or pictures or realia and just see what happened. It's pretty liberating for me to be able to just play and draw without any specific thing in mind. A month ago I needed 'something' in front of me to draw, unless I was just practising memorising skeletons and stuff.

[Image: DYwgPeh.jpg]

I must be missing my woman... she's been away for three weeks and by now about 70% of what I draw is sexy girls...

On with studying from the Loomis book:

[Image: MlDjRfP.jpg]
This was hard but getting my head around it steadily

[Image: 8mx9zPx.jpg]
Figures look really stiff and boring, but I understand the principle and can sorta put it into practice...

Now behold! My greatest masterpiece yet!

[Image: 3xaVZhY.jpg]

Wow, just wow... this is HAAARRRDDD!!!! I'm ok with drawing symmetrically curved or boxy objects in perspective but drawing the human figure... sometimes I feel like I'm about to have a stroke when I'm trying to figure out where stuff goes... this is a really. huge. challenge for me!

It might be because where I've studied the front / back / side / 3/4 views, I've got those locked in my mind but shifting slightly above or below there's a gap in my visual library that I try to imagine my way around. I might try drawing some figures from reference at extreme angles (really high and really low) in hopes to move forward with this.

Anyway, it was about 10:30pm when I started this, I was pretty tired - gonna try again tomorrow (well, and the next day and the next until I get it right!)

Comic book creator
Sketchbook
Instagram
Abandoned Hideout Discord Server
Discord: JonR#4453

Messages In This Thread
RE: JyonnyNovice - from Novice to Master! - by JyonnyNovice - 05-25-2014, 08:28 AM