JyonnyNovice - from Novice to Master!
Hey Jon, thanks for taking the time to look through all my stuff, I'll definitely take your comments on board! I think when I do pencil sketches, like the animals and such, I need to get it to the 'finished' point, then put it down for an hour or so and go back to it later - so I can catch the things you mentioned with the values and stuff. Usually I 'finish' them and am so happy I can't wait to spray it with fixative and show to people!

One more picture for today - was just flicking through Scott Robertson's book to brush up on perspective and can't believe I stopped at page 79 to go and study anatomy - page 80+ is where all the cool stuff happens! So I very quickly skimmed through orthographic views and x y z section drawing and doodled this little metal lizard tank thing!

[Image: gdREfWn.jpg]

It's really cool to be able to do the kind of stuff he shows in his sketchbooks on youtube! Will go back and study it properly sometime soon.

Comic book creator
Sketchbook
Instagram
Abandoned Hideout Discord Server
Discord: JonR#4453

Messages In This Thread
RE: JyonnyNovice - from Novice to Master! - by JyonnyNovice - 05-26-2014, 08:33 AM