JyonnyNovice - from Novice to Master!
iCi & Jaik - Thanks for the feedback guys, my too-thin torso / broken figures have been bugging me for some time, thought they'd just get better if I kept practising; I took your advice with today's gestures and focused on shapes, it felt a lot better - more deliberate and not just getting the odd figure right by chance. Thanks again!

JonHop - Good to see you again my friend! Thanks for the comment and the link, going to go watch it after this. Honestly, these days I am getting my enjoyment from gesture drawings, I really get in the zone, I wanna push them and make them more artistic and visually pleasing. The pace is pretty frenetic though when doing those, it has been a little while since I just sat and drew something taking a lot of time and care over it. BTW when we gonna meet up and go sketching? : )

Today was a great day for drawing, I spent practically the whole day studying and drawing - I even got to the point where I felt I'd drawn too much and had to stop for a while. Tons done; met my study goals and got some gestures in too.

Anatomy first, more pelvis study; these are just my own notes, trying to find better ways than just drawing a thing over and over to get it in my head - making this step by step has been a great help:

[Image: J6ve5bj.jpg]

Then began with colour study; I'm really excited to be getting into this stuff:

[Image: c0fStwG.jpg]

[Image: 8QlBFCo.jpg]

Finally some 2 minute gestures, focusing on shapes more than detail:

[Image: S885Kyx.jpg]

[Image: uq8TgZK.jpg]

[Image: GTPNXeF.jpg]

[Image: 74YogwX.jpg]

Comic book creator
Sketchbook
Instagram
Abandoned Hideout Discord Server
Discord: JonR#4453

Messages In This Thread
RE: JyonnyNovice - from Novice to Master! - by JyonnyNovice - 06-30-2014, 08:14 AM