JyonnyNovice - from Novice to Master!
Thanks for all the encouragement guys!

@Foxfire I'm glad my notes were useful, thanks for the tips too - I need to train myself to align things properly!

@Clockodile Thanks for the link and all the encouragement - I like to know what my brain is doing behind the scenes, it definitely helps to be able to interpret our feelings, frustrations and elations! I will have a go at the wireform-like approach, and yes it was that video; Sycra's got a great way of verbalising that kind of stuff.

Been drawing various things over the last few days, here is most of it:

Tried drawing my failed squirrel from memory, this 10 minute sketch looks better than the first two from reference - guess I was over thinking the first two
[Image: aqzLYUr.jpg]

Manga mannikin doodles from imagination
[Image: reLvF7W.jpg]

Been studying clothing / fabric folds since it's something I've wanted to do for ages - I'll scan the whole set of notes when it's finished, for now just quick photos
[Image: yRhlNjb.jpg]
[Image: RZVSiEU.jpg]
[Image: 2pRh17v.jpg]
[Image: oTmcbnf.jpg]
[Image: 2ifW6wi.jpg]
[Image: uf7S2wT.jpg]
[Image: 0sg7gbY.jpg]

A few gestures / short time figures using compressed charcoal - I'm starting to really love this medium, it was really hard at first but I'm getting the hang of it now
[Image: 5RFR3UH.jpg]

[Image: FXuVcq2.jpg]

[Image: SCqvHyQ.jpg]

Comic book creator
Sketchbook
Instagram
Abandoned Hideout Discord Server
Discord: JonR#4453

Messages In This Thread
RE: JyonnyNovice - from Novice to Master! - by JyonnyNovice - 07-07-2014, 08:58 AM