JyonnyNovice - from Novice to Master!
Anatomy today, started studying Hampton.

[Image: naePzMo.jpg]

[Image: cQ83VXZ.jpg]

[Image: q6VtLrC.jpg]

[Image: 7msWUL7.jpg]

Then some gestures + locating spine / pelvis / rib cage (top images), and practice drawing figures from imagination (lower images)

[Image: Ciz7bm1.jpg]
I find it so hard on the tablet still. These look kinda tidy but I have to do kind of repeated lines again and again on top of one another to find the right line - if I draw a slow line it is so jagged and ugly. I understand it's because I'm zoomed out on a large document, the tablet doesn't have enough sensors to map it across accurately, so photoshop has to interpolate - but it's kind of annoying. I can get a smooth line if I draw a very quick, definite line but my accuracy is way off (I don't do that when I'm drawing with pen or pencil - my hand is steady enough to do nice slow, smooth curves). Not sure if there's a better way to approach it with a tablet? Maybe it's about finding the right brush; the last figure (bottom right) looks pretty clean, that was with the charcoal brush, the rest was with pressure sensitive hard round / hard round textured.

And some imaginative doodling with markers and pens:

[Image: Z4iV7Ku.jpg]
It really leans to the right... I never notice how much my stuff leans until I scan it into the computer.

Any tips or techniques to stop my stuff leaning so much?

Comic book creator
Sketchbook
Instagram
Abandoned Hideout Discord Server
Discord: JonR#4453

Messages In This Thread
RE: JyonnyNovice - from Novice to Master! - by JyonnyNovice - 07-19-2014, 07:00 AM