JyonnyNovice - from Novice to Master!
Thanks Alexey : )

Some figures from imagination:

[Image: Th5D20U.jpg]

Trying to shade using planes of the body, the process was pretty successful but I screwed up the image with too many fancy adjustment layers.

[Image: aWi0x6D.jpg]

I went to life drawing today but it wasn't on - some band was playing a gig in the room they use; the guy running it was quite excited to have me stay and draw the band, in hindsight I should've waited the 2 hours til they started and done it but I didn't, oh well! Must be more open to spontaneous opportunities in the future! Went to the city centre and did some street sketching then went home.

[Image: zc4yqQC.jpg]

[Image: yIEvNjr.jpg]

I've got a good process for these now; I start super super loose with graphite, just going for gesture then building the form around it, then when I need a break I go back over the good ones with a fine liner, defining the lines better and adding minor details then I continue new sketches - I think I captured some good poses in these; the second page were super quick - some of them I only saw for about 5 seconds like the lady with the pram and the fat guy bottom right (he's jogging, although it's not obvious), I really liked the inward curving back, big belly and sticking out bum), he had an incredibly upright overall posture, despite the curves and bulges, and he had a great running technique for someone overweight (nothing against overweight people, just you don't expect them to be good runners!).

Next started a sketch of St Mary Redcliffe's Church but was tired and rushing it and got a phone call and had to stop. Architecture is a real struggle for me - you have to be so careful with measuring and proportions and perspective. I need to challenge myself to draw architecture more so I can get over it.

[Image: hDV1fN8.jpg]

Comic book creator
Sketchbook
Instagram
Abandoned Hideout Discord Server
Discord: JonR#4453

Messages In This Thread
RE: JyonnyNovice - from Novice to Master! - by JyonnyNovice - 07-22-2014, 06:51 AM