JyonnyNovice - from Novice to Master!
@Clockodile Cheers mate! Everything is feeling a lot smoother now - kind of like I've got past the 'learning how to manipulate a pencil' part and can now let the creativity out, knowing that my hands are looking after themselves. I've still got a long way to go with technique but if I just keep drawing and doing exercises that'll take care of itself. I seem to be getting into a bad habit though - where I was doing nice, long, smooth lines previously, now, after doing Hampton's gesture method; where he uses a lot of tightly placed curves to create movement through a piece, I kind of do that but without the precision and thought he uses, and when I'm drawing fast my lines are reverting to the chicken scratch, pecking style that I worked so hard to get out of! I need to watch that!

Anyway, the perspective stuff is clicking little by little - I found it so so helpful to draw on A3 paper, so I can have the vanishing points on the page but still get a nice big area to work in. I recommend anyone who's studying perspective to use A3 paper, it's really made such a difference (plus it's forced me to learn how to draw long, straight lines between two far away points).

I wasn't sleepy, so did a few more figures today:

[Image: ak7zOGu.jpg]

Drawn in graphite on A4 then coloured in photoshop.

Comic book creator
Sketchbook
Instagram
Abandoned Hideout Discord Server
Discord: JonR#4453

Messages In This Thread
RE: JyonnyNovice - from Novice to Master! - by JyonnyNovice - 07-22-2014, 09:55 AM