JyonnyNovice - from Novice to Master!
Grandparents are gone now, I'm back to baby duty so drawing time has taken a hit. Still feel like I'm making loads of progress though; just not meeting my 'study goals' (which is cool, will keep working using my study plan, as long as I cover the different areas regularly enough it's all good).

Been studying heads the last couple of days, feel like I've come on a huge amount. Switched to Hampton and studied his approach - it's basically the same as Loomis but there's more explanation with it. Hampton's way is also conducive to drawing from reference as well as imagination. I found with Loomis, since you start with the ball and side plane, it was really hard to place them correctly when using reference. Hampton uses basically the same method of simplification but after drawing the circle, you find the hair brow and nose line, then draw the side plane using those - for me it's easier when using reference to accurately mark those lines before doing the elipse side plane.

Anyway, tl;dr, if you struggle with Loomis try Hampton!

[Image: u7kVZlP.jpg]

[Image: abcV87w.jpg]

[Image: qcxK7Pr.jpg]

[Image: pBW33WC.jpg]

[Image: 2n1BKbu.jpg]

[Image: LNBX8MI.jpg]

[Image: zB85nEh.jpg]

[Image: kK8spCS.jpg]

Some street sketching from today:

[Image: TWF2W0r.jpg]

Some gestures and 10 minute figures from today, which I'm really very very happy about. It feels like something's clicked and my gestures have 'leveled up'. Drawing with conte crayon, getting more confident with this medium too which no doubt helps my drawings.

[Image: prk6EWX.jpg]

[Image: maF3b6v.jpg]

[Image: LLWQp7H.jpg]

[Image: EdZc14J.jpg]

[Image: m5pb6DQ.jpg]

[Image: 3Zh6wUT.jpg]

[Image: wp90pRC.jpg]

[Image: ODuufas.jpg]

Finally some stuff from imagination, playing around with building figures and faces from basic shapes.

[Image: bacf0Ob.jpg]

Comic book creator
Sketchbook
Instagram
Abandoned Hideout Discord Server
Discord: JonR#4453

Messages In This Thread
RE: JyonnyNovice - from Novice to Master! - by JyonnyNovice - 07-25-2014, 09:07 AM