JyonnyNovice - from Novice to Master!
@Heliux Thanks so much man! I'll keep going ^_^

More painting today, still with direct sunlight. One study and one application from imagination:

[Image: mr3Hkwf.jpg]
This is the beautiful Shiva Temple in Mauritius. I did a really careful silhouette then rushed through the painting, should've taken a break - digital painting really sucks up the time and I don't realise how tired it makes me...

[Image: WJzOzP2.jpg]
Pretty happy with this one - I used a reference image just to capture the gesture, had it on screen for 3 mins max; then I closed the window and did everything else from imagination. His face is a bit screwy, and no hands since I didn't want to ruin it! He should have a cast shadow from his left arm across his face, but I couldn't picture how to do it exactly, so I left it out. Colours seem pretty ok to me, that was the main focus after all.

Trying to find a good brush and approach to doing gestures in photoshop still, I think the last 3 of these are the nicest to look at (using a hard, angled brush)

[Image: JCEUvWm.jpg]
Still prefer to do these on paper though.

Comic book creator
Sketchbook
Instagram
Abandoned Hideout Discord Server
Discord: JonR#4453

Messages In This Thread
RE: JyonnyNovice - from Novice to Master! - by JyonnyNovice - 07-27-2014, 09:46 AM