JyonnyNovice - from Novice to Master!
See, even though they're very similar, I hugely preferred Hampton's method for heads too! It just works well - the way he handles the nose and gap between the eyes solved a huge problem I had when learning. Also I totally second Jaik on Isra's thread - the videos are a long, but he left some really good assignments and the lessons are a thorough intro. It is over here if you haven't found it. I tried a couple of videos and they seem to be up still!

Your life drawing is coming along, the shapes you are using seem to generally show better clarity and understanding of the larger 3D forms you are working with. Watch out for that habit of neglecting the hands though - even just putting in a gestural one like in this gesture you did further up the page is better than nothing.

Keep experimenting with the markers too - they're great fun to use. (There are tonnes of videos on youtube too - Scott Robertson has some interesting sketch techniques for a start.) I've totally fallen for brushpens too, they are brutal and unforgiving, and make me slow down to think very hard about what I am doing. Love the lines they make too.

Messages In This Thread
RE: JyonnyNovice - from Novice to Master! - by clockodile - 07-31-2014, 08:34 AM