JyonnyNovice - from Novice to Master!
Felt rubbish about my artwork today, really doubting myself and questioning why I'm even doing it - typical stuff when you're on a downer. In my drawing time I felt frustrated and inept but I kept going still and at the end of today when I looked back over what I'd painted I was quite happy with it all.

Candle painting, used reference for the shape and colours from my mind:

[Image: mOFaHiQ.jpg]
I didn't use any levels adjustments on this (just some sharpening on the smoke), which is a first for me - usually my paintings are washed out and need a contrast boost. The candle studies from yesterday paid off.

Some thumbnails exploring some kind of scene with candles, really rushed these and it shows:

[Image: Z4r24lv.jpg]

Developed a few of them a bit further:

[Image: LLrR3OY.jpg]
Might choose one to paint next time I study painting.

Then watched a few tutorials and did some thumbnail practice, no specific theme just playing with shapes and getting used to different photoshop brushes. I slowed down a lot for these; kinda realised that although thumbnails are supposed to be quick it doesn't mean they will be quick for me - I need to practice digital painting a lot more before that happens - so I took my time on these and I think they are looking nice.

[Image: BsDSErP.jpg]

Finally, did some gestures digitally, I'm going to try and do digital gestures everyday to get better used to controlling the stylus.

[Image: uT5KLEe.jpg]
The guy in the bottom who looks like he's wanking, wasn't in the photo! he was holding some kind of fur over his privates >.<

Another quick one - trying digital water painting brushes and technique.

[Image: N1yDi2C.jpg]

Comic book creator
Sketchbook
Instagram
Abandoned Hideout Discord Server
Discord: JonR#4453

Messages In This Thread
RE: JyonnyNovice - from Novice to Master! - by JyonnyNovice - 08-07-2014, 08:04 AM