JyonnyNovice - from Novice to Master!
Great study with the cactus, it is a good idea to break down lighting to its different behaviours with the notes like that. I don't know if I missed if it was written down or anything, but as an addition, I thought it would be worth mentioning that the green/yellow glow on the leaves is a form of subsurface scattering where the cool light has passed through the leaf and rescattered as a green-yellow colour. Basically the plant version of holding your hand up to a lamp and seeing your fingers glow red due to it. (If you already knew that, sorry for pointing out the obvious.)

You're right about the table too. The pot is a bit more difficult to solve, though what does stand out is that the base of the dish looks very tall in the clean sketch compared to the photo of the set up. From the angle of the ellipse it forms, only a sliver of the side would be visible.

Nice gestures too, the linework is definitely looking stronger and cleaner. Your general digital work is improving too, just with how you are handing things more confidently. (Perhaps be mindful of using the custom brushes as a crutch - though I totally understand that they are fun to use, and I think it is worth trying to figure out what you like to work with. So by all means use them, making studies fun is always good.) Anyhow, keep practising those observational skills, and keep up the good work!

Messages In This Thread
RE: JyonnyNovice - from Novice to Master! - by clockodile - 08-10-2014, 09:42 PM