JyonnyNovice - from Novice to Master!
Hypnagogic Woa thanks man! Frank Frazetta's stuff is incredible! I've seen some of these before but never knew who did it! I'll definitely study him! You're right too, cross hatching is really minimal in comics, although it depends on the artist. I guess I approach it from a pencil drawing point of view which is the wrong way - I'm studying 'The art of comic book inking' which seems like the Loomis of comic book inks. Just practising all the feathering exercises at the moment. I'll have a look through Alphonso's channel too. Cheers mate!

Busy B Thanks for the comment my friend! I know that stuff in theory, but managing to remember it and apply it while drawing gestures is the next thing...! Always good to be reminded of this stuff so thank you : )

Adrian Thanks a lot! Thanks for checking out my sketchbook too ^^

I've been studying shadows a little - in preparation for more ink training. Made the setups in cinema 4d, not sure if it's totally true to life but it has reflected light and ambient occlusion set. Used various medium - water & ink, graphite, charcoal.

[Image: mQLaEG8.jpg]

Some doodling around with biro and ink and some fiddling in photoshop.

[Image: 4U1k38E.jpg]

Practising feathering techniques from 'The Art of Comic Book Inking' - the author says that when you start to get a handle on these then you're ready to start inking. I'm gonna just practise these til I get to that point, and focus my other drawing time on studying anatomy etc.

[Image: w7EkpvU.jpg]

Comic book creator
Sketchbook
Instagram
Abandoned Hideout Discord Server
Discord: JonR#4453

Messages In This Thread
RE: JyonnyNovice - from Novice to Master! - by JyonnyNovice - 08-27-2014, 06:13 AM