JyonnyNovice - from Novice to Master!
Stardust Thanks for keeping on checking back here man, I really appreciate it! You're right with your comments of course, its yet another new medium for me so I need to practice and read and experiment a bit before my control is enough to make considered choices like placing different values of colours... (I don't know how to make a darker value even... I believe mixing stuff with black is the wrong choice - use a darker pigment I guess?) Anyway thanks again for your comments : )

Anatomy study from the past few days:

[Image: CD583Cn.jpg]

[Image: MuLC3GF.jpg]

[Image: QGSUCAA.jpg]

[Image: pVyl0RG.jpg]

[Image: z0kTQcU.jpg]

[Image: wj7E1lM.jpg]

I'm going through the complete Hampton approach from gesture through to adding perspective so far. I'm kind of tired of not being able to draw a decent figure after about 8 months consistent study - I'm thinking about just putting my head down and getting through Hampton as quickly as I can.

Some figures from imagination, from an Alphonso Dunn tutorial - it's a really fun approach; make a simple shape (4 - 6 sided or something) then slowly carve it up until a character pops out. Putting that restriction of a shape really let me loosen up and feel out the character and the limbs and stuff. It's a really nice way to work!

[Image: IPlgiTI.jpg]

Added a tree and a few details into my house drawing (just practising texturing with this one).

[Image: ZMh67LL.jpg]

Comic book creator
Sketchbook
Instagram
Abandoned Hideout Discord Server
Discord: JonR#4453

Messages In This Thread
RE: JyonnyNovice - from Novice to Master! - by JyonnyNovice - 08-30-2014, 04:35 AM