JyonnyNovice - from Novice to Master!
Stardust Cheers mate, good advice too, I tend to work quickly cause that's what they all do in the videos, but they are pros and know what they are doing! Little by little I'll get there!

JonHop Cheers man, you're totally right, I thought doing painting would be ok since I'm not moving my fingers as much but the hand doesn't feel any better so I'm gonna stop altogether til it's on the mend. Thanks for the kick up the arse!

So having said that, another quick watercolour + ink from today and that'll be it from me for a while. Not so happy with the painting (ref is here: http://room42.wikispaces.com/file/view/0...0333_m.jpg ) - tried to make it with three colours, but couldn't get the purples and oranges saturated enough when mixing on the palette so ended up mixing them wet on wet with blue / red and red / yellow straight on the paper, which gave me too little control and it got a bit messy - plus I was making loads of newbie mistakes which I even knew were mistakes as I was doing them. Anyhow, just gonna rest my hand, until the 22nd September when I start a 3 month programme at Art College (hopefully it's better by then!).

[Image: JBc7Ban.jpg]

Comic book creator
Sketchbook
Instagram
Abandoned Hideout Discord Server
Discord: JonR#4453

Messages In This Thread
RE: JyonnyNovice - from Novice to Master! - by JyonnyNovice - 09-11-2014, 06:57 AM