JyonnyNovice - from Novice to Master!
Clockodile Thanks for the feedback, as always. Light enough so that it can be slapped out of your hand - I definitely don't do that! I'll try to bear that in mind. When my grip is too light I feel like I don't have control, then I lose control! Perhaps it's a mind trick - because I think I'm going to draw the wrong line I end up doing it. Will have to work on confidence. Working with real paint has really opened me up to colour and it's interactions - like using just two colours to paint something and achieving lots of variety - in digital, at least for me, there is too much choice with brushes and colours and it gets messy. I'm thinking of trying Corel Painter since that's geared towards traditional painting style. Good luck with your experiments! Hope to see some of your traditional painting soon ^^

I discovered this page that let's you simulate colour mixing, if you want to try something out digitally that you will then attempt in traditional for example. It's a pretty cool tool: http://www.goldenpaints.com/mixer

Couple more watercolours from the last few days, I'm finding I can paint ok as long as I don't move my fingers.

[Image: 7O4hU6I.jpg]
Anime screencap, focus was on getting a nice sky.

[Image: HSaz9v6.jpg]
Learning to paint trees and followed along with a youtube demonstration. Pretty pleased with how this turned out, mastered a couple new techniques like how to lift dry paint out with a damp brush to create the light side of the tree and the background tree trunks and how to add texture to the tree bark with a super sticky paint mix and the side of a rigger brush.

[Image: y5m2Csn.jpg]
Thumbnail sketch of my neighbourhood, going to make a painting of this scene, want to try and represent the inner city in a bright summery line and wash style painting to show the city can be beautiful and doesn't have to be gritty and dark like a lot of urban paintings show.

Comic book creator
Sketchbook
Instagram
Abandoned Hideout Discord Server
Discord: JonR#4453

Messages In This Thread
RE: JyonnyNovice - from Novice to Master! - by JyonnyNovice - 09-28-2014, 03:13 AM