JyonnyNovice - from Novice to Master!
Alriiiiiight! I'm back in business! Went to the physio, discovered my hand problems was my palmar / dorsal muscles (they are responsible for spreading / closing the fingers) - tiny tiny little muscles that'd been strained. She taught me a few new hand stretches that I added to my stretching routine and few days later I can now draw without pain! I still need to take it easy but at least I can do something.

Thanks to everyone who gave me support and advice and stuff, wouldn't have healed as quickly without all that, so thanks a lot !

Onwards! Finally back to drawing ^_^

My plan right now is to do the Inktober event, great opportunity to improve my ink skills. After that I plan to go into Anatomy Overdrive and study nothing but Hampton until the whole book is finished - want to draw consistent figures finally.

Inktober first though, here's my drawings from yesterday and today, all done with brush and ink:

[Image: 5nx07fC.jpg]

[Image: sAs9TUu.jpg]

Second one felt much better after setting a frame - it ends up being really freeing to restrict the drawing area. The foreground got kinda lost, too much white it all blurs into one, not sure how to overcome that (more texturing? more shadows?)

Here's some thumbnails for tomorrows drawing, I like 3 and 4 but not sure, any thoughts?

[Image: fbNfoCm.jpg?1]

Comic book creator
Sketchbook
Instagram
Abandoned Hideout Discord Server
Discord: JonR#4453

Messages In This Thread
RE: JyonnyNovice - from Novice to Master! - by JyonnyNovice - 10-03-2014, 01:27 AM