JyonnyNovice - from Novice to Master!
Richie Anytime man :P You're doing good stuff! Yea inktober is all I'm about right now - it's been such a great way to get myself focused on ink and stick to it without being distracted away by other mediums or different types of drawing. It's also made me think about finished pieces, instead of just rough sketches and little studies like I normally do - I actually have some nice drawings stuck up on my wall now! Cheers for the links man, you're really great at research and gathering good links, I'm always checking out the stuff you post in the shoutbox!

Inked version of the pencil drawing above; wasn't as successful as I'd hoped but great practice and learned some things. I need to be really clear about light and shadow, the light side of the tree looks a bit flat, need to show the curve of the spirals better, maybe add some texture too. Right at the end I dropped a lovely big blob of ink right on the page on the big branch (middle top) - <3 working with ink >.<

[Image: L3HaslA.jpg]

I think the separation between foreground and background works ok - less contrast towards the back, heavy line weight in front. I also tried to not leave too much white space which some of my other recent drawings had.

Comic book creator
Sketchbook
Instagram
Abandoned Hideout Discord Server
Discord: JonR#4453

Messages In This Thread
RE: JyonnyNovice - from Novice to Master! - by JyonnyNovice - 10-23-2014, 08:53 AM