JyonnyNovice - from Novice to Master!
Hey Foxfire! Thanks for keeping an eye on my stuff, it's awesome to hear that people are cheering for me ^^ I remember your sketchbook from when I first joined, with the breaking bad drawing in it. You haven't updated in a while?

I've been getting DEEP into Hampton these last few days, living and breathing constructive figure drawing. Still haven't got onto any anatomy yet, need to really nail the first few stages (gesture, placing the forms, making the connections and adding the landmarks). Some days I do a round of figures and I'm like 'Yeah!!! Finally nailed it!!' then the next day when I try to replicate it I just can't... it's happened like this numerous times with gestures and simple figures... I hit on something awesome looking then can never replicate it... I feel the general quality is going up though, just a case of keeping on hammering at it; checking for errors, correction, hammering again. I guess it doesn't matter if they aren't beautiful at the moment (although I strive to create quick figures and gestures that have visual appeal too).

[Image: 2DnuCHA.jpg]

A friend is making a phone app, some kind of training app for kung fu and asked me to draw a shaolin monk for him (I guess this is my first job - just a favour for a friend who won't make much (any) money from it but still I will approach it like a job). Just sketching different poses for now trying to get familiar with some kung fu stances and such - trying a bit in digital too since I want to get better at that.

[Image: vf9nvRA.jpg]

Comic book creator
Sketchbook
Instagram
Abandoned Hideout Discord Server
Discord: JonR#4453

Messages In This Thread
RE: JyonnyNovice - from Novice to Master! - by JyonnyNovice - 11-05-2014, 03:17 AM