JyonnyNovice - from Novice to Master!
I felt another update was due, some more head stuff, starting to come together a bit more:

[Image: j9On0hJ.jpg]

I saw this course on gesture drawing: http://www.schoolism.com/school.php?id=14 which looks really awesome but out of my price range unfortunately, even still I read the lesson topics and a some online notes from other students and am trying to use them as prompts for my gesture drawing; he breaks it down into a few categories: line of action, shape, silhouette, exaggeration, depth, extrapolation and story so I'm using those topics as exercises when I do gesture drawing; in these pages below I'm practising exaggeration / depth and story, goal is to not spend too much time on the story so there are plenty of little errors - but as an exercise for the imagination it's really good, basically just starting with a photo reference and doing a 45 second gesture then closing the picture and creating a character / little scene out of it. It's really fun:

[Image: WbcIxAj.jpg]

And lastly some life drawing stuff from the last couple weeks:

[Image: OYU5cZq.jpg]

Comic book creator
Sketchbook
Instagram
Abandoned Hideout Discord Server
Discord: JonR#4453

Messages In This Thread
RE: JyonnyNovice - from Novice to Master! - by JyonnyNovice - 12-16-2014, 08:25 PM