JyonnyNovice - from Novice to Master!
Bookend Thanks for looking at my stuff, not really finding it useful to post my progress everyday since I'm just hammering out the same stuff over and over, I'll try to update more often though. And you're right I should do more still life type stuff, I have a reminder that beeps every week reminding me to do that and it's about 2 weeks overdue now! Although this month for me is all about powering through the anatomy and getting that base knowledge in my head once and for all. There'll be more varied stuff coming when I get all that locked in.

So update on my progress, some 2 min heads / gestures, anatomy notes on the arms and some notes and studies of drapery. I have the hands and feet left to do and then I'll have covered all the relevant anatomy. It's really liberating to have that knowledge in my head so I'm not guessing anymore or relying overly on reference. Need to practice a lot and keep studying the anatomy to improve on the more intricate details and shapes and relationships but the basis of it is firmly in there! I'd planned to work on this til the end of December, so that leaves 12 days to cover the hands and feet. Think I can do that easily with some spare days for hammering out tons of practice. *cheer*

[Image: qPV8Lbl.jpg]

[Image: qxnyruG.jpg]

[Image: VoZbpSn.jpg]

[Image: M6m5Dbl.jpg]

[Image: EfoYhgE.jpg]

[Image: hs5LpP2.jpg]

[Image: 1MybB2P.jpg]

Sorry if the writing is too small / low res to read, if anyone's interested in reading the notes let me know and I'll post up bigger scans.

Comic book creator
Sketchbook
Instagram
Abandoned Hideout Discord Server
Discord: JonR#4453

Messages In This Thread
RE: JyonnyNovice - from Novice to Master! - by JyonnyNovice - 12-19-2014, 09:02 PM