JyonnyNovice - from Novice to Master!
Stardust Thanks so much! We forget how much progress we make I suppose, thanks for reminding me!

Suira Thanks again dude, I really appreciate the feedback, I guess I'm aware of those issues you mentioned (the eyes definitely, always end up too big for me). Now just need to work on fixing them instead of making the same mistakes every time : ) I'm finding I slip back to going straight for the organic curvy lines, even when I'm trying to keep things blocky and simple, but I'll keep working at it!

Adrian Yea I have a folder of Asaro head pictures but rarely draw them, I should do it more often - you know there is a simple side and a complex side too right? So if you're feeling off or not confident one day you can draw it from the (right?) side, where the planes are simplified. I meant to drop into the hangout today but got distracted! I'll come and hang with you guys soon though.

Thought I'd post up my 'ellipse training routine' for anyone who wants to get better at ellipses for perspective drawing - I've been doing this every day, I've gotten much better after just 4 days or so. It takes about 30 minutes I reckon. It's all Scott Robertson's exercises but I find if I write down a strict set of things to do, and the order in which to do them, I can just focus and draw every day instead of thinking about what I should do or practice next.

[Image: dQzqXFm.jpg]

Some more heads; a skull in ball point, a quick sketch head and a longer sketch head - I scanned each stage of the drawing so you guys can see what I do, in case there's something I'm missing that'd help me get better. Was trying to keep the blocky approach going but slipped quickly back into defining the features too soon. Will work on that!

[Image: D3FDF8N.jpg]

[Image: ccuzyJh.jpg]

[Image: 6wHVGhJ.jpg]

Comic book creator
Sketchbook
Instagram
Abandoned Hideout Discord Server
Discord: JonR#4453

Messages In This Thread
RE: JyonnyNovice - from Novice to Master! - by JyonnyNovice - 01-13-2015, 03:30 AM