JyonnyNovice - from Novice to Master!
Stardust Thanks man, I agree totally, I do have a 9B super soft pencil that I use for accents but I don't use it as much as I could, mostly just draw with my HB clutch pencil since I like to draw with it and couldn't find any 2B leads anywhere for it. Getting to render light and shadow with some accuracy will be the next piece of the puzzle, until now I've just used shading to hint at the form.

Adam Cheers dude, yes I will definitely try that! I kinda thought the same thing recently, will probably start simple with Loomis planes or something and build up to a skull.

Crackedskull & Desirulz Thanks so much guys! Really means a lot : )

The usual perspective / gesture / head drawing drills that I didn't scan today, as well as some thumbnails. I was originally planning to sketch out some ideas for scenes that used some of the more complex perspective stuff I've been studying (working with complex volumes), so I could find a good one to develop into something finished, but it turned out pretty hard to shove that stuff into the environments, so the perspective stuff is relatively simple, just establishing grids basically. I had a real blast doing these though, like so much fun, it's like I got to a point now when I can get what's in my head down on paper finally and have it not look all screwed up and like a 10 year old drew it. Kinda milestone point with these. Great to just create scenes from imagination as well.

[Image: didzvgj.jpg]

Comic book creator
Sketchbook
Instagram
Abandoned Hideout Discord Server
Discord: JonR#4453

Messages In This Thread
RE: JyonnyNovice - from Novice to Master! - by JyonnyNovice - 01-23-2015, 09:54 AM