JyonnyNovice - from Novice to Master!
Shin Cheers mate, thanks for dropping by and the encouragement!

Some more head stuff, going back to basics to try and get it 100% solid from the start, gotta get those wrapping lines spot on, nearly there...

[Image: cxubGVZ.jpg]

Set myself an assignment to try and lock in this perspective stuff; design a siege tower and draw orthographic + perspective views for it. Today some research and a messy thumbnail playing around with a design.

[Image: w7E1jyB.jpg]

[Image: 2Yrprzf.jpg]

Not really sure what order I should approach things with this; I wanted to do a few thumbnails to test out different design ideas, then produce an orthographic view of the one I liked, then construct it more carefully / accurately in perspective view. Thing is the thumbnail sketch ended up taking more time than I thought, and it got complex enough that it'd be hard for me to translate it to ortho view - maybe I should design it in ortho view and just see how it turns out in perspective. Not sure what the usual working pipeline is for this kind of thing. It's good fun though.

Comic book creator
Sketchbook
Instagram
Abandoned Hideout Discord Server
Discord: JonR#4453

Messages In This Thread
RE: JyonnyNovice - from Novice to Master! - by JyonnyNovice - 01-24-2015, 07:03 AM