JyonnyNovice - from Novice to Master!
Cheers smrr, yea it feels good to know what I need to do to get better, even if it's a long way off. At least I can just get down and do it instead of floating around going WTFamIdoing. You know enough fundamentals to do cool drawings, I'm not there yet, so I get frustrated much quicker with my stuff and go back to studying. Probably that's a good thing...? It wasn't my birthday, but thanks anyway! I'm 35 this year, technically middle aged o.o still feel like a kid though... wonder when I'll feel like a grown up...

Trying to paint my throne room scene from above... idkwtfimdoing with digital drawing / painting. It's been so long since I tried it, just playing around for now trying to find a brush I like for lines and adding value. Kinda fixed up the perspective a bit on this one, I'll do another pass and get the perspective and scale on the near torches fixed up, get the scale of the characters right, then I'll probably follow Shaddy Safadi's painting series and get all of the objects silhouettes on separate layers. Then do the same with the characters, fix up the poses, then work on values and who knows maybe even colour... I might abandon it halfway as that'll take me a long time to do all that, and the time might be better spent working on other stuff, but we'll see!

[Image: IMRj0A5.jpg]

Comic book creator
Sketchbook
Instagram
Abandoned Hideout Discord Server
Discord: JonR#4453

Messages In This Thread
RE: JyonnyNovice - from Novice to Master! - by JyonnyNovice - 01-24-2015, 08:46 AM